It may seem stranger than fiction when one narrates the ordeal he underwent in the course of getting his electric lawn mower to use. Many of us users are usually oblivious of the fact that while we may undergo these challenges, the risk factor in the electric lawn mower use is rather higher.
It is for this reason that most of the electric lawn mowers are accompanied by a user guide to assist with guiding the user through the initial stages of using the mowers. At times however, it may persist, and may not just be the initial stages of the electric lawn mower use but for a lifetime.
Like all the appliances, electric lawn mowers are meant to be used on the lawn for specific purposes of mowing, collection and disposal of the mowed grass. Because most people do not read what they can do, we may find some of the strangest occurrences, some with deadly repercussions.
Some of the numerous hurdles you may encounter in the course of the electric lawn mower use include:
- Electric lawn mowers are not meant to be just used anyhow and must follow certain line of restricted use. For instance, the use of the mower needs to be within the period when the lawn is dry and free from any water. This has in most cases proven to be the elephant in the room to most of the electric lawn mower users who think that mowing when the grass is wet is the best option.
- The lawn mowers for this matter are always meant to be used for specific areas and needs to follow that script. If the electric lawn mower is meant for certain grass lengthy, it is imperative for the user to ensure that if the grass length exceeds, the adjustment is done or the mowing is done away with. The reason for this is to observe the state of the electric lawn mower motor, which may get spoilt if it is subjected to undue use.
- For safety purposes, the majority of the electric lawn mower makers restrict their use to the same individual who has the know how to maneuver, or in some instances may not allow use by children or near animals whose presence may lead to accidents.
- Because of the enormous responsibility which is placed on the shoulders of the one using the electric lawn mower, ensuring that cases of accidents are reduced is important. However, you may have cases of electric lawn mower failures and the user may have the temptation of trying to place his hand on the deck or in the worst case the motor may fail and you may want to try to see what is wrong before switching on.
- A moving electric lawn mower deck is lethal and has been known to literally cause injury on the hands and fingers of the users. In addition, the risk of suffering from shock is real as the electric lawn mowers are usually driven by an electric current, which is why getting the details from the user manual remains at the core.
Repair and maintenance
The electric lawn mower may not be your normal appliance at home, it is a special implement based on its use, design and the underlying issues to do with it. For instance, cordless electric lawn mowers are made to work with batteries, which needs frequent replacements.
The fact that the corded electric lawn mowers need to be plugged in may surpass the imagination of any user, as I once witnessed one running an unpowered electric lawn mower with the expectation to perform. The electric lawn mower user guide ensures that the user is well placed to avoid cases of embarrassments, especially where ignorance is concerned.
The repair process involving these two crops of electric lawn mowers differ substantially and may in some cases force the user to consult the qualified personnel, if not versed with the principles of electronics. Self repair, where electric lawn mower is concerned could just be another disaster.
The worst hurdle which the majority of the electric lawn mower users face is in the area of the selection and purchase of the relevant electric lawn mower. This is admittedly the worst hurdle ever as the majority of the electric mowers in the market claim to deliver on almost the same thing.
The enticing fact and sales pitch by certain companies known for the making of the diverse electric lawn mowers has even not helped things. Be it as it may, the user is usually presented with a choice and a plethora of information sources including the user guides if he has identified what to buy or several buyer guides and reviews.
Most of the users would in several instances fall to fall for the cheapest electric lawn mower while assuming the aspects of quality. That should not be as the informed shopper should ensure that all the requirements on the lawn are catered for.
For instance, it may save the owner a lot of cash to buy an electric lawn mower with trimming capacities at a relatively higher rate as it reduces the cost of buying a trimmer, which in turn could just cost an amount equal to the electric lawn mower.
What the user guide has
Electric lawn mower user guides are the ultimate salvation on the lawn if the user is a novice. The conclusive information it has on the manner of use of the electric lawn mower saves the user from a lot of the known hurdles he may experience on a daily basis.
Because of this, the user guide is like a mirror, through which the user checks his own progress. However, not all electric lawn mowers come with user guides and it may force the user to apply the general knowledge on the electric lawn mower use or to scavenge for one online.
Because of the known issues surrounding the use of electric lawn mowers, care is usually advised to ensure smooth user experiences. Other issues like the failure on the motor or breakages on the blades are common occurrences which may be handled by the technicians. It is only important for the user to have general knowledge of applications; it will save you in time of need.